Monday, September 8, 2008

I DID IT

We'll I did it. I took the cookies across the street. I stayed home today & for the last several hours have watched the comings & goings of the neighbors. I decided that NOW was just as good as any and probably better than waiting, since the cookies are only getting older. So I went over with my cookies.
I have to tell you though, there was no bolt of lightening, no TA DUM, no dove descending saying "well done my good & faithful servant". However, there very well may have been a "what was that about" being murmured from the truck that I just about threw the cookies into. I don't know why I decided meeting them in the driveway was better than knocking on the door. Maybe it seemed less intrusive, maybe it seemed more casual...just happened to be passing by kindof thing. Maybe I'm just a chicken.
I also forgot to ask how they were doing, if they needed anything. Nothing but.....I wanted to bring you some cookies.
I wanted so much more for them, so much more from me.
Did I fail? I don't think so. I did what I set out to do - to offer love & friendship to my neighbor.

No comments: